Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Molars

Lucas has his 4 front teeth on top, 4 front on bottom, and now he's getting his first molars. I've heard these are pretty tough on babies. His behavior has been a little different the past few days. For his naps he hasn't wanted to go down and I've had to rock him to sleep. Last night he woke up during the night, for the first time in a few weeks, and I had to stay up with him for an hour just holding him (which are some of my favorite moments if I'm not overtired). This morning he was clinging to me, which isn't abnormal, but then he was clinging to Kristen. I didn't even think about it being his teeth since he already has so many in his mouth, but Kristen suggested it and I stuck my finger in his mouth and found a HUGE swollen spot. Poor Lucas. The little diaper rash and clear, runny nose also make more sense now. All in all he's being a trooper - doesn't seen that painful yet.

"Look mom, I can stand on my own!"
(for a few seconds with a toy in his hand to distract him)

No comments: