Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Pool Time!!

I love the pool this year!! Last year Ellen couldn't walk and Lucas couldn't touch the bottom, so I had to hold Ellen in a sling and make sure Lucas didn't drown. This year it is so much easier, which translates to more fun. Lucas can touch, and can pretty much swim. Each day he gains more confidence and works on new skills. He can now swim under the water for about 20 seconds and navigate as he swims... so if he's swimming from wall to wall he can swim around a kid if they get in his way. He's working on treading water and taking a breath as he swims. I think we're going to sign him up for a formal group lesson next week. Ellen is easy, until she gets bored with the pool and runs away from me while I'm still in the water. For the most part, however, she wants to be jumping in and "swimming", just like Lucas. Since we're having so much fun, I'm planning on making it a part of our week day routine. Ellen sleeps until about 3pm, so we've been there from about 4-6pm each day this week, and Dada will join us on the weekends.



No comments: