Wednesday, April 19, 2006

2 Week Wellness Visit

It turns out that Lucas is a skinny little guy. Yesterday at his 2 week checkup they gave us these percentages, which compares him to other boys his age:

Weight : 30%
Length : 45%
Head : 20%
It's fun to know these stats, but the doctor said that it doesn't mean much, but gives us a starting point to measure his growth going forward.
We are learning something new every day. Yesterday it was that we didn't have enough packed in the diaper bag. The first thing the nurse did was tell me to undress Lucas so that they could weigh him. When I put him on the scale, naked, he cried so hard that he couldn't catch his breath. Only moments later, he got them back by peeing all over the scale. I knew the doc would have me take the diaper off again, so I just wrapped him up in a blanket and took him back to our room (new mommy mistake #1). As I was standing there holding little Lucas, he decides it's time for a poop...so there goes the only blanket. Thennnn, as the doctor was checking him out on the table, he peed all over her! So next time we'll pack more outfits, more blankets, more diapers....more everything.
On a different note, both grandmothers have called today asking for pictures. My mom said I wasn't allowed to post without pictures from now on. So here are a few of Lucas in his first photo shoot in the Schroeder family oh-so-professional living room studio...

Lucas's little fish face


No comments: