Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Night Feedings and Sleepy Faces

So far I do not mind the night time feedings. I actually enjoy getting to spend the time with Lucas. Everyone says that he'll grow up so fast, so I just look at him while he's eating and try to remember every face and move that he makes. I talked to Laura, our Bradley teacher, and told her that I felt this way. She said that she feels that way about her 6 month old. She says it's a matter of what to expect. If you go to bed hoping he doesn't wake up until 2am, then you'll be disappointed when he starts crying at midnight. Laura also has a 4 yr old and a 7 yr old (I think) and she says that it's much harder when your 7 yr old comes home and tells you someone was mean to him at school. She says there isn't much you can do about that, but when your little baby cries at night you are the solution and their little world is immediately okay. I love this perspective. I'll have to remember that on the nights when Lucas needs a little more attention and the sleep deprivation is setting in :-)

Here are some pics of Lucas's sweet sleepy faces....





1 comment:

Meg Boyd said...

Shanna- What a great perspective....you sure have this mom thing down!!!