Thursday, September 14, 2006

First Babysitting Experience

Last night Jeff and I went to dinner and left Lucas with a sitter, our neighbors, for the first time. They have been offering to give us a night out for a long time, so we finally took them up on it (not sure if you can call a 90 min dinner a "night out", but it was a good start). I planned the afternoon so that Lucas ate and slept at just the right times, and ran around like crazy gathering all of his things that I thought he would need. I guess it paid off because he apparently had a fun time. They said that he didn't fuss or cry, and almost fell asleep on the couch watching cartoons. When Jeff and I came to pick him up, he was playing with a toy, and it took him a couple of minutes to even notice that we were there! When we got him home he was in a really playful mood, so maybe he was happy to see us after all. We were proud of him for being able to hang out with "strangers" for a few hours...but I hear that the separation anxiety starts around 7 months...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Lucas:
Way to go letting your parents have a night out! My mom takes me to the library on Duraleigh Rd. at 11 on Wednesdays. It's in the plaza behind KFC. I'd love it if you could come too!
~Lily