Monday, October 08, 2007

Our Weekend

The weekend started out pretty strangely. On Friday morning, before Lucas's 18 month appt, Lucas scratched me in the eye. We were still in bed (we bring him to bed when he wakes up to try and snooze for a few more minutes... we have never gotten to snooze... just play) and he accidentally scratched my cornea. I couldn't see the scratch, but it hurt so bad that I couldn't open my eye. I had to squint all through his appt with tears running down my cheek... my eye wouldn't stop watering. All of a sudden, after lunch, it got better. Weird.
So fast forward to Friday evening. Our friends Will and Ele had their baby shower on Friday night (so I thought). Jeff and I got ready in our "party clothes" and had Kate coming over to watch Lucas. We were planning to be late, but right at the start time of the shower I saw Will pull into his driveway next door. I stepped outside to ask him why he wasn't at the shower and he told me that it was on Saturday night, not Friday night. Gosh, I'm a moron. Sorry Ele! Kate arrived a few minutes later. Instead of going out to a romantic dinner we decided to deep clean the house. We cranked up the tunes and got to work for about an hour. It was actually pretty fun and so nice to enjoy a freshly cleaned house all weekend.
On Saturday morning we went to Kindermusik and then to Marbles, the new Children's Museum in downtown Raleigh. Lucas went down for a nap at 1pm and the Conklin fam arrived around 3pm. We had DVR'd the Georgia Tech game, so we watched that until Lucas woke up, then Erin and I took the boys to the park to meet Kelly and Lily.
On Saturday night we had a nice home cooked dinner at our house and then watched a movie (Knocked Up) after the boys were asleep. On Sunday morning we went to the Farmer's Market for breakfast, stopped by Pullen Park and then our guests left around lunchtime. Jeff and I watched an episode of The Office (the best comedy ever) and then I headed to they gym to take a class that I really like (BodyPump).
Last night was pretty routine. I really look forward to our night's now. Dinner, bath, play, ice cream snack, bed for Lucas, hanging out with Jeff.
More pictures below...
Team Schroeder and Team Conklin at Pullen Park

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Shanna - What gym had a bodypump class nearby? I used to love those classes! :) Thanks so much for letting Lily & I crash your visit with Erin & Hunter. It was great to see all of you!

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

Kelly - We just joined the Gold's at North Hills, but I think that all Gold's probably have them. You should check out that gym on Duraleigh. It's changed owndership so many times that I don't know what it's called now...

You didn't crash our visit - it was great to see you two! I sent you pics.. hope you got them.

Kelly said...

Hey Shanna - I haven't gotten the pictures :( Hope we can get together again soon.