Sunday, January 01, 2012

New Year's Eve Acorn Drop

Raleigh does something pretty cool for the little folks on New Year's Eve.  They drop the acorn and shoot fireworks at 7pm and midnight.  That way the kiddos can celebrate, but still get to bed on time.  I have to admit that I was a little disappointed though.  It just doesn't feel the same to celebrate at 7pm as it does at midnight.  Better than nothing, I guess, since Jeff and I were asleep before midnight : ) 

The best part was the energy in the air and the snacks.  Oh, I almost forgot.  We looked and looked and looked for ice cream, but all they had was italian ice, for about $5 a serving.  We decided it would be more fun to go to Ben and J*rry's or B*skin Robbins.  We didn't think about them being closed on New Year's Eve.  But guess what was open for $1 a serving?  A hint is that it has a yellow sign that is shaped like an M.  No shame here... we saved about $12 bucks and got the same result.


No comments: