Saturday, April 14, 2012

Lucas's 6th Birthday Party!

For months and months Lucas has been saying that he wants a Ben Ten themed birthday party.  I am not sure why since he doesn't regularly watch that (we don't have that channel) or doesn't have but one BT themed toy (that he doesn't play with.)  But he had it in his mind and stayed with it.  At one point I thought it woud be fun to hire a magician to come to our house.  When I ran it past Lucas he said it was fine, but could we have BT plates?  I realized that Lucas is pretty easy going and would enjoy anything, so I decided to just have a backyard party at our house.  Pin the tail on the donkey type party.  If he will like anything, why spend $250 on a magician?  Then my friend told me I was crazy to have 20+ kids at my house, so we decided on a park party.  We have done park parties since he was 2yrs old, so it made sense and we all got excited!  But I had to work in the theme.  So we planned on having everyone hunt for aliens, since BT is an alien hunter.

When the guests arrived, they received this:


Once they went on the hunt and captured the two aliens and the four gold coins, they got an ice cream pass!  Let the hunt begin!










It worked out pretty well.  Was enough to get them excited, and then they just played for an hour...












Until it was time to sing the happy birthday song!  Since we planned on having ice cream, I just took one cupcake for Lucas's candle...










After that we screamed, "GO GET SOME ICE CREAM!"























After the ice cream party, there was a little more playing...







It was a SUPER DUPER GREAT birthday party!  We got lucky with a cool, sunny spring day and everything went as planned.  HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY LUCAS B!!!

No comments: