Thursday, April 26, 2012

Writers Wall of Fame

This month Lucas's "story"on Cooperation made the Writer's Wall of Fame.  Lucas wrote, "I help wash the dishes." as his story.  And then he illustrated his story.  I was surprised to see this for two reasons.  1) It was just chance that I saw it in the hallway one morning because his teacher hadn't told us yet and 2) He doesn't help wash the dishes.

I was even more surprised to see that Blane made the wall for "helping to feed his dog."  Blane doesn't have a dog.

I laughed about this with his teacher at lunch that day. She told me that they have quite an imagination at this age! 

In addition to his work being displayed on this wall in the school lobby, he got to read his story on the school news this morning.  Check it out below.  On the way to school this morning he was whispering in the backseat, "My name is Lucas Schroeder.  I help wash the dishes.  My name is Lucas Schroeder.  I help wash the dishes."  He was nervous, but did really great!





No comments: