Wednesday, October 28, 2009

1 Year Wellness Visit

Ellen had her 1 year check up last week. She showed off by waving, dancing and clapping when the doctor came into the room. He hardly had to ask me any questions regarding her development since she was putting on a show.

She continues to grow on her very own curve, weighing in now at 17.2lbs, which puts her at less than the 5th percentile. She has gained weight since her 9 month check up, but the curve that she was on dropped down a little bit. The doctor wasn't overly concerned and said it was probably mostly genetics. He asked me about her diet and we determined that another factor was that she eats a mostly low fat diet of fruits and veggies... and most of that goes on the floor to Tyson : )

He asked if she throws tantrums and I told him that she has a little temper, but it is SO mild compared to "you-know-who". I said that she pulls Lucas's hair sometimes and pinches him and he looked at me with a surprised expression. When I explained that she does this in response to him taking a toy from him he smiled and said that was when I should just look the other way : )

She got three shots, which was not fun, but she didn't cry long and was happy again quickly.

No pics from the visit, but here is a glimpse of what we're dealing with all.the.time. : )


1 comment:

Frances Katrin said...

Look at her go!