Friday, December 25, 2009

Junk Yard

I think I've said it before - Lucas was cut from the same mold as my dad. Lucas reminds me a lot of my brother and dad. He is a tinkerer and a worker. He never stops and is always "working" on something. When my dad offered to take him to a junk yard I knew he'd have the time of his life. My dad says that his dad took him to one when he was a boy and that's where his love for cars began.
I was right - Lucas was in heaven. He climbed in a dozen cars, found old keys (and brought them home as a souvenir), found an old screw driver and found two forks that my dad convinced him to throw into the mud puddles.
My dad came prepared - Lucas was equipped with wire cutters. How did Grandpa know he'd like this so much? My dad showed him how to cut the first wire and then Lucas went to work cutting many more wires that day.
There are a lot of pics. I'll put captions under each.
posing in a red convertible (grandpa's idea)

cutting his first wire

posing in one of grandpa's favorite models

and another...

No comments: