Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Surprise Visit from Jenn!

My sister is awesome. She surprised me with a visit a few days before Christmas! I found out about it a few days before she arrived. She wanted to just show up and knock on my door, but good thing she didn't since I would have freaked out if I didn't have a couple of days to prepare. It was so wonderful to spend some quality time with family during the holidays. Our kids are the exact same ages, so it was easy to adjust to everyone's schedule.
On the day that they arrived it snowed. This was good and bad. Exciting that it was snowing during the holiday season, but then kind of wet, cold and messy for the kids to play in. We attempted an outing as the snow fell, but it turned into cold rain by the end and we were all freezing.



So we came inside to warm up with a little hot chocolate and juice.



It took Ty and Lucas a few hours to adjust to the arrangement, but once they got into a groove they were best buds for the rest of the trip. They really love each other and it makes Jenn and I so happy to know they will always have a special cousin relationship.




Jenn's brother-in-law lives in Cary, so they came by for a visit one day. I was a little stressed by the state of my house, but I finally told myself to chill out and I'd worry about getting the house in order after Christmas. The kids enjoyed the chaos.

No comments: