Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Punished

LB pushed the limits the other night by ignoring me when I told him not to pull a comforter around the house because it was dangerous AND he went upstairs and disturbed Ellen's bedtime routine after I asked him not to. His punishment is a week of no t.v. This may sound harsh, but he was displaying the "Mr. Hyde" side of his personality that night and took it too far. Anyway, I love this punishment. I kind of dread it too because I know there will be ZERO breaks for me this week, but I also love it because Lucas is pretty cool to hang out with and it gives us even more time together. It's getting to him though because the kid LOVES him some t.v. Here is a conversation we've had daily this week.

Lucas: "Mommy, when I say I want to watch t.v. I don't want you to say "no". Okay?

Me: "Well, you aren't allowed to watch t.v. this week because it's your punishment for not listening to me."

Lucas: "Mommy, tomorrow when I say I want to watch Wow, Wow, Wubzy, I want you to say "YES!" Okay? I just want to watch ONE show."

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Ha! Lily often tells me "When I ask you for X, I don't want you to tell me no, okay?" I love their little logic...

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

Kelly, I konw... they are such smart little turkeys.

Meg Boyd said...

LOL...that is so darn cute! I think he may be a negotiator when he grows up.