Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pool with Daddy

The kids and me have been to the pool a lot so far this summer, but Jeff hadn't been until today. We loved having him with us because we got 1/1 time with each kid.

Ellen was excited to show him her new full coverage, hot pink swimsuit. Now all that is showing is her face, her hands, lower leg and feet. That sunscreen is expensive! She was also super excited to show Jeff how she has been going under, jumping in and walking on the bottom. The lady has no fear (sound familiar?). This week she told me that she wanted to walk on the bottom of the pool, so I would count 1-2-3 and then duck her under and PUSH her shoulders down so that her feet touched the bottom. When she came up she would have hair in her eyes, grinning from ear to ear and saying, "I want to do it again!" The next step was that she wanted me to help her WALK on the bottom. So push her down and then lead her hands so that she could walk a few steps. And today she even jumped off the diving board by herself! We started with Jeff standing on the end of the board and handing her to me in the water. She wanted to do it again, but Jeff was swimming with Lucas, so I told her she would have to stand in line with the big kids and do it herself... so she did. I wish we had a picture, but both grown ups were busy swimming with these stinkers.

We did get Lucas jumping off. He can swim, swim now. Fine by himself in 12 ft of water. But he didn't want to do the swim team. Maybe next year. He said he got cold waiting in line for his turn to practice : )




No comments: