Thursday, September 13, 2007

Nanny Update

Lucas is doing pretty well with his new nanny, Kate. She's been here three weeks. The first week I scheduled an outing with all three of us each morning so that Lucas could get used to her. The outings were 20 min at the park or 20 min at the library storytime. I'm glad that I did that transition and didn't just leave him with someone he didn't know, but it was tough. He does not do well when I'm around, which is understandable. I think he fears me leaving and so he gets really clingy and whiny. If I'm not around, however, he's just fine. Our new routine takes this into consideration. This is what we do each day:
8:30: Kate arrives.
8:45: I put Lucas in his carseat and Kate takes him to the park that is 1 mile away and in our neighborhood.
10:45: Kate and Lucas return and I make sure I stay upstairs at my desk so that Lucas can't see me.
11:00-12:30: Kate and Lucas do activities such as play outside with his sandbox, play in the gravel next door, color and paint at kitchen table, or watch Baby Einstein/Wiggles.
12:30: Jeff and I eat lunch with Lucas.
12:45-1:00 I put Lucas down for a nap.
4:00: Lucas wakes up.
4:30-5:00: We usually go to the park.
7:00-7:30: Cook and eat dinner.
8:00ish: bath and then play
9:00ish: bed
1:00: nurse
5:00: nurse
7:00: wake up for the day, breakfast, get dressed, play until Kate arrives.
Little ham in new his new pj's (those are bears).

No comments: