Monday, July 07, 2008

Florida for the 4th

We took Lucas Bryant to Florida last Wednesday through Sunday. It was a little rocky the first day or so due to routine changes, but we ended up having such a great time. Lucas absolutely loved seeing his family - Grandma and Grandpa (me-maw and pe-paw), Mom, Jenn, Neil, Ty and the dogs - and Jeff and I even got to enjoy a few nights out by ourselves. There are a lot of pictures, so I'll describe the trip with the pictures...
Our drive down... not so great. We thought we'd do Lucas a favor and leave on Tuesday night around 6pm so that he could sleep for most of the trip. It backfired because instead of falling to sleep at 9pm as I had planned, he fell asleep at 10pm and then woke up every half hour frustrated that he was still pinned down in his seat when he was so sleepy. Oh well, now we know that night driving doesn't work! Anyway, this lack of sleep for all three of us carried over into Wednesday and even Thursday morning. Lucas finally got back on schedule after his nap on Thursday.
Here we are on Wednesday morning - our first day at the pool. Lucas had a fun time, but not a super great time like I had expected. I thought it was because he was tired, but I found out later that day that it was because the pool wasn't as much fun as the beach. We had been telling him that we were going to the beach all week and he wanted to play on the beach! I really think he could have stayed there all day. You'll see what I mean from pictures below...


No comments: