Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fort Lucas

I posted a few weeks ago that we had an idea for Lucas's big boy room. My idea was pretty lame compared to the final result, but I'm happy it ended up that way because Lucas's new room is AWESOME! My idea was a nature theme with some simple grass and wildflowers along the bottom of the wall. The walls were painted blue already, so that would serve as the sky backdrop. I randomly went to lunch with a friend one day and brought this up. She just happened to have the name of two artists in her cell phone! I called them, got ideas and quotes, and then we made our decision. We went with the lady who had the idea for Fort Lucas. It turned out so much better than I ever imagined. Check it out...


View from the door of Lucas's room


View from the reading corner


View from the kid's bed

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Shan,
Y'all did a great job on the room! I hope Ty doesn't get jealous. :)
Love ya,
Jenn

Kristen said...

Wow...that is so cool! I know Lucas will have lots of fun in his new space.

Wendy said...

LOVE Fort Lucas - great job Shanna!