Thursday, February 04, 2010

Stuffing it in...

In an effort to get Ellen to eat more solids, and not as much mommy's milk at night, we're getting creative with how we get her to eat. She's not a horrible eater. She'll sit in the high chair for every meal, but prefers to feed herself, which means that she misses her mouth a lot, feeds Tyson who is begging beside her, or gets bored and plays with the food instead. We've figured out that she'll do anything that her hero, Lucas, is doing. This is gross, but I made a box of macaroni and cheese the other day and they ate the whole box between the two of them! I had some stuff on the table, so I just sat on the floor and took turns giving them bites. Ellen was almost diving at me with a wide open mouth in an effort to get just as much as Lucas was getting... and of course Lucas was doing the same. It reminded me of when I was a kid on a road trip with my family. My parents would get us one coke to share, so we'd all gulp down as much as possible when it was our turn... not really enjoying it, but making sure that we didn't get jipped. Anyway, whatever it takes to get the little bird to eat...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I totally do this too!! I am always sitting on the floor taking turns feeding them food. Mary is the exact same way, but I'm mostly doing it for Tyrus - not Mary. :)