Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February in Florida

We're in Florida! Jeff's mom, brother, aunt, uncles and cousins were getting together in CA, so we decided to head south to spend some time with my parents. We were going to fly (the kids, Tyson and me) on a buddy pass from my aunt, but the flights kept filling up, so I finally got so frustrated with the flights that we just hopped in the car and drove. One would think it would be nearly impossible to drive 8 hours with two kids by yourself, but they made it easy. I actually enjoyed the "break" of sitting by myself for 8 hours and listening to the radio. We left at noon, Ellen slept for 2 hours, we stopped after 4 hours for lunch (the hardest part of the whole trip), the kids fell asleep around 7, and we arrived at 8. Lucas watched Tom and Jerry for 8 hours. I was so surprised... we'll have to do this more often.

I planned on coming to FL to escape the winter weather in Raleigh, but it's the coldest Feb that FL has seen in 28 years... nice. We headed to the beach today. It was chilly, but we were bundled up and it was so refreshing to be outside in the fresh air.










No comments: