Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

So the pressure was on to get the turkey right since we were hosting so many people. All I've heard for 30 years is how hard it is to cook a turkey. I think it must have gotten easier recently because I just picked up a kit from the grocery store that had instructions on how to brine it for 48 hours and then season it before cooking. It was super easy and tasted good... so there ya go. But prepping the turkey was still as disgusting as I remember from two years ago. We said we'd never cook one again when we found out (by watching a youtube video on how to prep a turkey) that you have to pull things, like the NECK out of the turkey's body. It just seems odd. But anyhow, we did it and it was not as bad as I remember.



We were also in charge of the desserts, so the kids helped us bake for most of the day. It was cozy, relaxing and peaceful to be at home with family while it was cold outside and the house smelling of good food. I think I like this hosting thing...


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You look so cute Shan!! I wish we could have been together. Maybe one day! I'm glad you had a nice holiday with your NC family!