Wednesday, November 03, 2010

When the sun went down we all started out trick-or-treating together, but the bird and I got left behind. Partially because she's small and slower, but also because she insisted on sitting down and opening every piece of candy and taking a bite. Honestly, I mostly let her. It was either that or carry a screaming, limp two year old, her bunny, her stroller, the head to her costume, and her bag back to our car. So of course she loved trick-or-treating! Poor Lucas wasn't in on this deal and sweetly told me afterwards, "Mommy, can I have one piece of candy now? And then I will only have two tomorrow. Does that sound like a good deal?"
Anyway, Ellen got the hang of it quickly. She wouldn't walk up to the door without her bag, which I was carrying, and then she marched right up and banged on the door with her little fist.



No comments: