Thursday, July 14, 2011

Max and Ben's

I love it that we are getting back into a routine of seeing Max and Ben again... and Jill and Emma, but we call it "Max and Ben's." Lucas absolutely loves hanging out with his older cousins. And Ellen can be the big girl around Baby Emma : )

In this first picture she has on her confident, I'm-such-a-big-girl expression : )



And since Lucas doesn't have a video game system at home, he especially loves the fact that M and B have a Wii and a DS. He could watch them play games for hours. Yes, watch, he doesn't actually play, usually. This week he played when Max left and freed up his DS. Now all I hear is how when he finally gets his DS he wants the Leg* Star Wars game first. He's so obsessed that we've decided to use it to our advantage by creating a sticker chart to earn money to buy his own DS. He did great for the first two weeks and earned $10 each week. But it's now been several weeks since he's earned another $10. His demise is his little sister and that he can't stand not being a bossy big brother.

Yesterday he told me to guess what he was thinking. I guessed that he was thinking of the pool, camp, his friends, etc before I asked for a hint. He told me that what he was thinking about started with a "D." I was quietly thrilled that he knew that this thing started with the "duh" sound. So I guessed dogs, dirt, etc before asking for another hint. He told me that it also had and "S" in it. Again, I'm thrilled that he's learning to spell and is even playing games with letters! Then he spilled the beans that he was thinking of a DS! Little stinker.



Ellen likes these baby toys more than she did when she was a baby...


And Ms. Jill always has yummy snacks!

No comments: