Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Happy 5 1/2 Birthday to Lucas!

We don't make a habit of celebrating half birthdays, but now that Lucas is in kindergarten he is really aware of how old his friends are and how he compares to them. We get asked a lot question like, "Will Max and Ben always be older than me? Will I always be older than Ellen?" Just the other day he told someone that he was five and Jeff told him that in a few days he could say he was five and a half. That's how the four day countdown to Lucas's half birthday began.

I had ordered him a shirt for the beginning of school that had come late and I hadn't given to him yet, so that was his gift. Plus, I don't need much of an excuse for a fun afternoon out with Lucas and Ellen, so after school we went out for steak tacos (his favorite) and to get him some chapstick with a chapstick holder for his dry little lips.

Here are my two turkeys in front of a fountain:

No comments: