Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


What a wonderful day we had today!  We prepped a little yesterday by getting our themed place mats ready for the big meal.  If you can't tell, Lucas is thankful for "food" and Ellen is thankful for lyons, brother, daddy, mommy, teachers and Tyson : )  

This morning our day began early with Jeff's 2nd annual Turkey Trot... and 8K that begins at ends at the Wh*le Foods near our home.  It is a festive way to start the day, especially since Grandpa Schroeder was here with us to see him run. 





Here are my two turkeys, waiting on Daddy to finish the race:

Ellen catching a ride from Grandpa!

And here is our runner with Dennis and Lucas...

Sweet little Ellen was pooped from all of the excitement so early in the morning.  She finally had had enough and used my book bag for a pillow : )

A little bit later we found ourselves cooking, playing and watching football.  It was nice growing up to have Thanksgiving dinner made for me, but I kind of like cooking it myself.  I had an excuse to spend all day in the kitchen and the kids would pop in and out to help.  Here are Lucas and me cleaning the turkey.  Not sure if I like that part of cooking.  Last year, my first time, it was great.  This year it was somehow undercooked.  Not sure if I'll go for round three next year!

Lucas and Ellen's favorite part of cooking, by far...

Table all ready to go, complete with festive hats and place mats!

No comments: