Friday, December 16, 2011

Classrooms

I volunteered at L's school today, and then played at E's school after pick up.

The kindergarten classes are learning how other cultures celebrate the holidays.  Each of the five classes are setup as a certain country.  Lucas's class is learning about Hanukkah, so they are setup as Israel.  Each day they take a trip to another country by walking down the hallway to another classroom. During this "trip" they take their suitcase (brown grocery bag), which has their passport attached.  As they enter the "country" they get a stamp on their passport.  Very cool!

Today I visited China with Lucas.  See him on the right?

After a few hours at L's school, it was time to pick up the bird.  When I entered the room I couldn't see her because she and her best bud, Jared, were hiding under this table.  The LOVE to play together after school.  I and I like his mom, Malia, so it's nice to visit when the weather cooperates.

Cuties : )



No comments: