Friday, December 30, 2011

Date Night for Jeff's 35th Birthday

Jeff and I decided it was best to go out on 12/30 for his birthday this year.  12/31 is too crowded, expensive, etc... and we want to go downtown with Lucas and Ellen for the acorn drop tomorrow. Our friends, Marie and Olivier, volunteered to baby-sit L and E tonight for us - thanks guys! 

I just got my smart phone and have been using that instead of the big, bulky SLR camera.  I didn't remember, however, to use it tonight!  Except for this one picture of Marie and me.  Marie was planning to go out with friends at 10pm, so that explains her outfit choice (not your usual kid-watching attire.) 

What I wish that I had gotten a picture of was our ride for the night.  Olivier just bought a sporty BMW that he insisted we borrow for the night.  The funny thing, or maybe no-so-funny, was that we were going to a restaurant that is located right next to the R*leigh Homeless Shelter!  So Jeff parked the car right in front of it and felt like a jerk. 

Dinner was okay.  Great food, but not great environment.  Then we went to a movie. 

When we got home Olivier and Lucas were asleep on the couch, curled up together.  So cute!  Marie was gone, but Olivier said that Ellen fell asleep in her arms and she carried her to bed. 

Happy Birthday Jeffrey!  We love you!

No comments: