Friday, May 18, 2012

6yr Old Honesty

This morning I was feeling a bit nostalgic as I cuddled with Ellen, so I asked the kids if they wanted another baby.  Lucas, as he was focused on playing with his legos, didn't hesitate with his response:

"No, because they might be in my face annoying like Ellen."

***
Lucas and Ellen cannot get enough of the disc tree swing in our front yard.  If Ellen wakes up at 6am the first thing she wants to do is swing.  I was almost dressed and ready to play one morning, so I let them go out without me.  (Well, they ran out the door and I didn't yell at them to come back.)  The front door was open and I could see them, but I told Lucas that he needed to stay outside and watch Ellen. 

A few moments later he was inside with me.  I reminded him that he was supposed to be watching Ellen!  He responded,

"Don't worry.  I told her when someone tries to steal her to kick them in the private."

No comments: