Saturday, February 03, 2007

An Inspiration

My maternal grandmother is a very strong woman. Among other things, she got married at 15 years old, had 5 kids by the time she was 23 years old, and is a breast cancer surviver.

The other day she woke up with Bell's Palsy, a viral attack on the facial nerves that cause one side of the face to be paralyzed (temporarily, we hope). Her left eye can't close completely, so she is wearing a patch over it. What I find an inspiration is that we talked for an hour on the phone last night and she didn't even mention it. She only talked about it when Jeff asked her about it, and what she said was something like this, "It isn't that big of a big deal. I can't close my eye so I just wear a patch with a sticker of a tiger on it."

A sticker of a tiger. I think that is awesome. She reminds me that perspective and attitude can make any situation better (or worse)....

1 comment:

Meg Boyd said...

That story is so awesome...I only hope that I can be that positive when facing difficult situations!