Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Proud Papa

Lucas has always been a mommy's boy, but last night he cried for "da-da". Jeff was so proud.

We dropped Lucas off at Blane's house so that we could go on our weekly dinner, sans Lucas. Lucas was playing well, so we snuck out, but then I remembered that we needed to tell Carol and Rob about Lucas's dinner. I asked Jeff to go back into the house because I knew Lucas would cry if he saw me again. Much to our surprise, when Lucas saw Jeff leave he started crying, yelling da-da-da-da, and reaching for Jeff. Jeff went back in to soothe him, but he cried for him a second time. Poor baby. Rob said he only cried for a minute. It was so sweet that he wanted his daddy so badly. Like I said, I could tell that Jeff was tickled by the affection that Lucas showed for him...so sweet.

No comments: