Monday, June 18, 2007

Picking Our Battles

Lucas is COMPLETELY OBSESSED with anything small that has a lid. On the top of his list is chapstick, lip stick, vasoline, and Sharpies (permanent markers that we use for writing on the boxes). If we carry him past a countertop that has any of these items he says "uh-uh-uh-uh" and reaches for it. We have to use our quickly improving diversion skills to avoid a tantrum.
This weekend Jeff was playing golf (for Father's Day) and I was packing up some stuff in Lucas's room. Lucas was in the bathroom and I knew it was quiet, but it was so nice to have a few minutes to finish what I was working on. When I checked on him I found him dipping his toothbrush into the vasoline. I could have gotten upset and taken it away from him, but the damage was done and I figured it wasn't that big of a deal... so I got out the camera.
"Hi Mom. Did you get a lot of packing done?"

Vasoline Monster
(make sure you click on this one to make it bigger).


Silly Vasoline hair picture.
We had to wash his hair.


Sound asleep after the fun.

2 comments:

Brittain... said...

Congrats on the upcoming move! Having neighbors you love makes all the difference in the world!

Jennifer said...

Shanna - I know that I say this all the time, but that little baby looks just like you!! Especially the picture before the one where he is sleeping. I know we hate it when stuff like this happens, but they will make such great stories as the boys grow up!
love y'all
Jenn