Tuesday, August 26, 2008

32 Week Ultrasound

At our last visit with the doctor I got an ultrasound because there was concern that my placenta was too low. They were able to see that there is no reason to be concerned and we got to confirm that we are having a girl : ) A few days before this visit we had a lady at the grocery store checkout counter tell us that she was positive we were having a boy. I'm carrying this baby the same way I did with Lucas while my friends are carrying their 2nd baby girls differently... so I started to get concerned that my pink baby shower may have to have a quick makeover. No worries though, this baby is a girl and appears to be perfectly healthy.
She is due in 7.5 weeks, but I just looked up on-line that a baby is considered full term at 37 wks, so in my mind the countdown is 4.5 weeks because I really have a feeling she'll come early. I actually just want to make it to 37 wks so that I can quit worrying that she's going to come too early.
She still moves all the time. I often feel something hard sticking out of my belly... must be a knee or an elbow. Lucas has felt her move several times, but doesn't seem that interested... I'm sure he doesn't really understand what I'm saying when I tell him that his baby sister is kicking him.
Here are a couple of shots. The first is a profile shot with her leg bending back over her face. The second is a shot of her calf... looks like she's been doing some calf raises in there!

2 comments:

Meg Boyd said...

She is already so sweet... only a few weeks left. I am so excited for you guys!

Kelly said...

For your sake I hope she cooperates and comes a little early! Hang in there,,,