Sunday, August 31, 2008

7 Weeks To Go

Lucas's baby sister is due on a Friday, so each Friday starts another week's countdown towards her birth. When I visited the midwife on Friday I told her that I was really concerned that she was going to come too early. I told her how she felt SO heavy and that I ached from the pressure. She told me that it was "2nd baby syndrome" and that it was probably fine. I guess I alarmed her, however, because she insisted on checking to see if my cervix was showing any progress (it wasn't). She told me to not worry and just try to slow down a little bit. I really don't know how to do that, so I'm assuming it will just be okay.
I took Lucas swimming yesterday and felt a lot better today. The pressure wasn't as bad and she didn't seem as heavy. I planned on going swimming this afternoon, but took a 3 hour nap instead : ) Maybe I can keep her in my belly until mid-October...

1 comment:

Frances Katrin said...

early? You aren't big enough yet!!