Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Showered

My dear friends, Kim, Wendy and Melissa, threw me a baby shower this past Saturday. Kim proposed the idea the day that I told her I was pregnant. At first I was hesitant because I didn't know if it was "acceptable" to have a shower for the second baby. Kim convinced me that if was a different gender that it was almost a necessity since you need different things. So I agreed and I'm so glad that I did!

The three of them made me feel so special and it was obvious that they put a lot of time into the planning... the evidence was in the details, which were amazing. When Sandy and I arrived they pinned a rose on each of us, they had each minute of the shower planned out, they made sweet little gifts for the guests that matched the color of the baby's room and even typed up a personal note to insert into the gift, and the detail that I most appreciated, they remembered my sweet Lucas and sent a gift home for him to open.

There were 15 of us total at the shower. It was so nice to see all of these friends. The only thing that bothers me is that you only get a few minutes to talk to each person, but hopefully everyone had a good time talking to the other girls. Everyone there had kids, except for two, but they just got married and want to have kids, so we talked about babies and kids the whole time. Sandy said at their table they talked about things that you never thought you'd let your kid do, but now can't believe you ever said "never" (like have a pacifier or jump on the bed). At my table we talked about hard choosing a name is, maternity clothes, and child-care.

The two hours went by so fast and then there were hugs and promises to call or get together soon. Just in case days turn into weeks and then into months without us getting together, thank you again to all of my friends that took a big chunk out of their Saturday to come to my shower! I loved all of the girly pink things!!! The nursery is almost complete with all of the bedding and clothes put away... I'll send pictures soon. And thank you also, and especially, to Wendy, Kim and Melissa. It was such a special day : )

Here is a shot of everyone at the shower (except Jill because she left early)...
Gina, Katie, Francie, Kelley, Josie, Michelle, Kelly, Ele, Lena,
Kim, Sandy, Me, Melissa, Wendy
And here is a shot of us mingling before lunch was served...
We enjoyed baby talk over lunch...
And what a yummy (and pretty) lunch it was!
Next came the baby gifts... so fun!
A shot with two of the hostesses... I was bummed that Melissa had already left...
And a shot with two of my Bradley Class/Play date buddies : )

No comments: