Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ellen's Two Month Check Up

The little lady had her two month visit this week. I was worried that she hadn't gained enough weight over the last month because she sleeps so much. The doctor laughed at me and told me that I had a skewed view of reality on how much a baby sleeps (thanks Lucas!). He said that Ellen sleeping 10 hours a night without waking to eat was fine and sleeping sometimes 18 hours a day was normal for a 2 month old. Her weight gain supported these comments - she now weighs 10lbs 10oz, which is in the 50%. When she was 3wks old she was only 30% among other babies her age. So we concluded that Ellen an efficient nurser and has actually gained more weight than she needed to. Her length is 22.5", which is 55% and her head circumference is 65% among other girls her age.
As usual, she was an angel during the visit. I talked to the doctor about how Lucas is doing for about 10 min while she just relaxed on the table and coo'd at us. She had to get three shots, which nearly broke my heart. She's too sweet to have to get shots!

No comments: