Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Four Months Old

Dear Ellen,

At four months old, you are a complete joy to be around. Your daddy and I love you so much and are in awe of how sweet and amazing you are and how lucky we are to have you in our lives. I am sure that you have been here before because you are so content and at ease, as if being a baby is a piece of cake. You are absolutely no work at all. During my 12 week maternity leave I actually felt like I was on vacation. You are happy 99% of the time, and when the other 1% of the time rolls around all we have to do is pick you up or nurse you to make you happy again. Your smiles are contagious. I've come to expect that when we are out in public that you'll attract many strangers because of the way you engage and then pull them in with your smile. You smile with your eyes and, when you're really tickled, with your mouth wide open. And your giggles, awww, so wonderful. Most of your sounds are girly sounding, but your giggle is low and sounds like a little boy. You giggle the most when Lucas does something silly or when I tickle you. Speaking of Lucas, you keep your eyes on him when he's around - I think you really love him and I know that he adores you.

Thank you for being such a sweetheart. You are an amazing little girl.

I love you,

Mommy

No comments: