Monday, February 09, 2009

Growing Fast

Warning - you may tear up when you look at these pictures - at least I did! Lucas, please stop growing up so quickly!!! Jeff and I were looking at the blog tonight while I searched for this old picture and I was shocked at how different Lucas looked even a year ago. It just seems like he's always been the way he is now until I look back at old pictures. Sigh....

Anyway, the intent of this post was to comment on how fast he is growing emotionally, not physically. Rewind back to a little over three months ago when Ellen was about to be born. I was losing sleep over the fact that Lucas would have to be away from his mommy for 2 nights. It ended up he did just fine over at Max and Ben's and actually really had a good time. Now flash forward to this weekend. We had a great few hours at Max and Ben's house on Sunday. When it was time to leave Lucas protested so we jokingly said he could stay there. His response - "My stay here! My spend night with Max and Ben!"

So in 3 months he went from mommy's boy to see ya later mom and dad!

More proof that he's growing up...



4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know exactly what you mean Shan - it seems like they have always been the way they are right now. It is kind of like forgetting what it was like before they were born. Do you experience that? These pictures are precious!

Grandma Zell (Sally) said...

These pictures should be published. So incredibly cute!!

Ali said...

this is precious!!

Holly said...

I love it!!