Thursday, February 05, 2009

A "My Lucas" Boo-Boo

Let me explain. Lucas LOVES for us to chase him around the downstairs. He calls it "my Lucas" because one night Jeff and I were pretending like we were fighting over him by each of us pulling him and saying, "this is my Lucas. No, this is MY Lucas." Now he says, "Dada, let's play my Lucas!" as he runs away. On Thursday night Jeff was chasing him and he tripped and fell head first into the island. He screamed for about 30 seconds and then wanted to see his head in the mirror. He was quite proud of his goose egg. We were pretty sure he didn't need medical attention, but just to be sure we visited our neighbor, Nurse Michelle, across the street. Lucas lucked out and left her house with some Lightning McQueen bedroom slippers. While we were at her house, this was the conversation:
Michelle: "Lucas, do you know who this is?"
Lucas: "Litnin Maqueen."
Michelle: "Do you want these slippers?"
Lucas: "No. My not have Litnin Maqueen. My have Wally, Racoons, and........ Monsters. And Nemo! Nemo broken. It scratched."
After filling Michelle in on our Pixar collection, he graciously accepted the slippers and we were on our way.

2 comments:

Ali said...

ouch! he seemed to handle that better than i probably would have!

Holly said...

holy cow - that's a good one. Hopefully he is healing well!