Tuesday, April 05, 2011

34th Birthday : )

Today was my birthday! So turning 34 is not NEARLY as exciting as turning 5, but we continued the celebrations none-the-less. I didn't want to do dinner again, so we went out for dessert instead. We decided that a chain like Ap*plebees would be best with the kids. There were nicer options, but I wanted to ensure it was a fun and not stuffy, must be super quiet outing. Once we got there I remembered that they do that cheesy singing on your birthday. I thought the kids would get a kick out of that (and Jeff would be embarrassed - hehe), so I snuck to the "bathroom" and asked our waitress if they would sing to us. I immediately regretted it. She looked at me like I was asking her to run naked through the restaurant. But she said okay and the moment had passed before I told her to forget it. Anyway, about 10 min later three, very timid looking waitresses came to our table and sang the boring birthday song - you know, the one you sing at home. No "happy happy birthday, from ap*plebees to you...." And when they got to the part where you say the name they looked at us to fill in the blanks. Ugh, so lame. Luckily there was nobody in the place on a Tuesday night at 5:30. And the kids did think it was neat... they didn't know any different.

Despite this, it was a fine birthday. Jeff got me some new shoes that should improve my posture and give me a nice hiney, as a plus. And of course I treated myself to a massage!

Now back to planning the greatest 5th birthday party ever : )




No comments: