Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Nap Time

Jeff and I haven't really worried about putting Lucas on a schedule, but just in the past few days it appears that he wants to be on one. He has been sleeping for about 12 hours during the night (waking up 3-4 times to eat) since about 7 weeks old, but just this weekend he fell asleep a couple of hours after waking up each day. So the dilemma is do we go on play dates or do we stick to a nap schedule? I decided on Monday that we'd stay home for a few days to see if we can get into a little routine, and then maybe we'll try to plan our dates a little more around his naps.

Yesterday was day one of trying to get Lucas on a schedule. He did exactly as I thought he would - Up at 6:30am, 3 hr nap at 8:30am, 1 hr nap a 1:30, cat nap at 5:30, and down for the night at 8pm. Today, on the other hand, it is now 2:00pm and I've been trying to get him down for his morning nap since 10:00am! He sleeps for a little, then wakes up, but when he wakes up he is still cranky and sleepy. Now he is asleep. We'll see how long it lasts. Everyday is different!

I snuck into Lucas's room and got this video during his "nap" this morning:

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Shanna! I have to get your email address :) We do go to Dr. Wiles - and we LOVE him! Hope you do too...

Meg Boyd said...

Schedule????? What schedule...I think it is impossible to put them to strict schedule, I have always made sure Maddie gets a morning nap (of 1/2 hour) and 2 afternoon naps (totalling 2.5 hours) and she seems to be good. Don't worry about the waking to eat Maddie eats 2-3 times once she goes down. I put her in her crib when she goes down at 8pm but when she gets up around 11 I put her in bed with us, it allows me to get more sleep. Do what works for you and don't try and force something that won't work for you.