Tuesday, April 03, 2007

1 Year Ago Today...

...we were in labor! I cannot believe that one whole year has gone by since that day that I remember so vividly. I've been a little emotional all week about Lucas turning one. It's not that I want to go back to him being a newborn, it's just that this year has gone by so fast and I'm afraid that if I blink he'll not be my baby anymore. I know, so cliche, but it really is true. Luckily Lucas is very attached and is suffering from what I think is separation anxiety, so he's happy to be in my arms as much as possible.

I told a friend yesterday that in one year from now we'll look back and not believe they are two, so I'm trying to live in the moment and enjoy every second that I have with Lucas today.

Here is my favorite picture of Lucas. It was the first time that I held him...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy EARLY Birthday Lucas!! I love you Shan!
love- Aunt Jenn

Meg Boyd said...

Oh my goodness....I can't believe it! Happy Early Birthday Lucas!

Wendy said...

I love that picture. What a wonderful first year Lucas has had!