Friday, April 06, 2007

Mommy's BIG Day

Yesterday Jeff and I had our first night away since Baby Lucas was born. It was my 30th birthday. We celebrated my birthday, and our first year as being parents, by going to The Siena Hotel in Chapel Hill. We got there a few hours before our dinner reservations, so I was able to spend a whole hour getting ready. I dusted off make-up tools like my eyebrow brush, which haven't been used in a year. It was fun to get dressed up and primp a little bit. The evening was a lot of fun and we didn't miss Lucas TOO much. Sandy called us after she got him to sleep so that we could relax. She said that he was just fine and didn't cry or really seem like he missed us that much. He kept her awake from 12-2am, but they just played and it wasn't a big deal. She even gave him two bottles of milk (he's never really taken bottles). Whew! It is possible to have a little time with my husband every now and then. Thanks Sandy :-)

No comments: