Thursday, April 26, 2007

Mr. Serious

We see a lot of this face lately. We still see the toothy grins and happy laughs at home, but when Lucas is out in public we mostly see Mr. Serious. When I look back at the past year I laugh at how confused Jeff and I were about Lucas's behavior. When he was 5 weeks old we thought he had reflux (and maybe he did, we'll never know), but we think now that that was probably just his intense personality coming to life. We were both serious little kids, I think, I know I was. I've seen the same look in some of my baby pictures, and even see it now sometimes. We joke that Lucas is all business from the moment he wakes up. Our bed is low to the ground, so when he wakes up now he doesn't play around like he used to. Instead, he goes right over to the edge of the bed, turns around, and backs off onto the floor. He then goes straight to the drawers or phone to start checking them out. If he's "busy" and you pick him up he throws his head back and goes wet noodle on you until you put him down...then he toddles off to check out more things. He has his own agenda...


1 comment:

Frances Katrin said...

Sounds like the Montessori method would be a great fit with his temperment! An intense worker who does not wish to be interrupted-- Katrin can relate.