Monday, May 14, 2007

The 20lb Tornado

We try to make sure the house is pretty clean before going to bed, but by the time I get down to the kitchen to where Jeff and Lucas have been for 20 min, it looks like a disaster. Every spoon, measuring cup, and spice jar is on the floor. If we're lucky we remembered to pick up Tyson's dog food and water before Lucas found them. Jeff says it was caused by our 20lb tornado.
We figured out that it doesn't do any good to get stressed out by the mini tornado, so we're looking at it as a chance to teach Lucas how to clean up after himself. We'll let him play with just about anything he wants, but we try to leave every room clean, so we'll sing a clean-up song before we leave the room. "Spices away, spices away, it's time to put the spices away". Lucas is getting good at throwing stuff back into the drawer and putting the spices back on their shelf.
He is into everything. Here he has my cherry chapstick and potting soil from the plant on his face. I had just told Jeff how much I liked my cherry chapstick.

2 comments:

Brittain... said...

I know the feeling. I have two 30 lb tornados!!

Frances Katrin said...

By some miracle, or crazy method, Katrin's teacher has taught her to put away one "work" before getting out another. It really does work. I wish I had done this sooner with Katrin now that I know it is possible. I guess that is why we have first borns.... they teach us what is possible.