Wednesday, May 30, 2007

"Help me sleep!"

Lucas can tell us that he needs help, but right now it's in the form of a whine or a scream. We're working on the sign for "help" since this whining is soooooo annoying (no offense Lucas). Last night in his room he was interested in a fan we had temporarily placed in his room. I showed him how to push the buttons and he was facsinated. He kept walking up to the fan, raising his arms to be picked up, and whining. We showed him the sign for help in hopes that he'd just go to the fan and do the sign. He was trying to do it, but it looked like the sign for "more". Jeff picked him up a few times after showing us this sign. A little while later I was rocking him to sleep when Jeff peeked in the room. Lucas popped up and showed Jeff the sign... so of course Jeff showed him the fan a few more times.

Today Kristen tried to get Lucas to sleep for his nap because I was on a call. She peeked in and told me that he was squirmy, so she was just going to wait until I was done. I could hear him downstairs getting restless. When I walked down the stairs a few minutes later he spun himself around so that he was facing me, did the "night-night" sign and then his new "help" sign. Then he clapped. I'm sure that this is a stretch, but it seemed like he was saying, "Mommy, I'm so glad you're here to "help" me go "night-night".

I'm probably giving him too much credit, but it was cute.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

PS. This is amazing! Go Lucas!