Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Just so we're clear...

I want to point out that I have never once thought that Lucas's Baby Einstein DVDs will make him smarter. My goodness, do we have to take everything so seriously?

For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, there have been articles in the news all week about how Baby Einstein DVDs, and other kid oriented DVDs, make kids dumb. The article said that "researchers found that with every hour per day spent watching baby DVDs and videos, infants learned six to eight fewer new vocabulary words than babies who never watched the videos". Disney, the owner of Baby Einstein, fought back with this article today. Drama, drama.

The article also says that the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends no t.v. for children under the age of 2. I didn't know about this. Ooops.

Dear Lucas, it appears that we have damaged you and you may speak less words than your friends. I'm sorry about this. We'll have to work on your stacking skills. Love, Mom.

1 comment:

Meg Boyd said...

Jeez! Try telling my daughter no more Wiggles...she would freak out. I mean really...what is the big deal. I couldn't agree with you more.