Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Our Sweet Lucas

Our little Lucas has developed into such a sweet little boy, with a heart full of compassion. He greets Jeff, Tyson, Sophie, Kristen and me with kisses in the morning, before going night-night, and a few times throughout the day if we are lucky. You know that Lucas wants to give a kiss because he makes the sound "hmmmmm", puckers his little lips, and leans toward you. One of the things that Jeff and I will probably always remember about Lucas is how he puckers his lips for a kiss - instead of the usual way, his juts his upper lip out above his bottom one. It is such a Lucas face. We love it.

When one of us is taking Lucas to the park or something we tell him to say bye-bye to the other person. He responds by waving and blowing a kiss. He now thinks that is how you tell anything bye-bye, so anytime he wants to move onto something else he waves and blows a kiss. He always wants to play with the remote to the fan. This morning I let him play while I supervised. To my surprise he played for a few minutes, and must have gotten bored, because he waved bye-bye to the fan and ran out of the room.

Yesterday I heard lots of crying downstairs from both Sophie and Lucas. I thought about going downstairs, but I could tell Kristen had it under control. I figured they were fighting over a toy. When I asked Kristen later she said that Sophie had gotten a time-out for something and that is why she was screaming. She said that Lucas was crying because he felt sorry for Sophie getting in trouble. She said that he would only stop crying when Sophie went up to him and told him that she was okay. It's amazing to see how much they love each other - it gives both Kristen and me a peek into what it will be like to have two kids one day.

Here is the little guy waving and blowing a kiss in the bathtub (promped by me, not because he was ready to get out... he's never ready to get out of the bath lately).


1 comment:

Brittain... said...

Lucas looks big too! They're not babies anymore! Hope you are enjoying the new house! When are you coming to GA??