Sunday, January 04, 2009

Our visit with Grandpa

We had a really, really fun weekend with my dad. It was much needed. He's been working hard for the past year and we haven't seen him much, but he has recently retired and so was relaxed and ready to play. I didn't realize it before, but Lucas may have gotten a lot of my dad's genes. My dad had as much fun as Lucas did playing in the creek, playing with trains, and acting silly with made up games like flying Lucas over his head like and airplane.
He was here two nights. Each evening was spent playing with Lucas's trains and doing puzzles. Last night Jeff and I stayed downstairs and actually got to just hang out sans Lucas for a while - it was like a date!


During the one full day that my dad was here was spent at the flea market and playing in the creek. My dad loves flea markets, but I think he realized quickly that it's not the same when you have two babies with you. So we left there pretty quickly and headed to the creek. We played for over two hours, but Lucas could have stayed there all day. My dad loved it too... I think it reminded him of how he spent his days as a kid.

My dad would help him cross the creek to where the big rocks were...
... and then he'd hand them to him one after the other until they were all gone and then they'd move on to another spot.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that y'all had a good visit with Daddy. I just wish that we all could be together. Can you imagine him with both the boys at the same time? :)