Thursday, September 17, 2009

Raleigh

Raleigh is starting to feel like home. We've been here 9 years, so it's about time! My Atlanta friends will be sad to hear this, especially my sister, but I just love it here and think we'll be here for a while. Lucas also loves it here. He'll tell complete strangers that his home is brown or that he has a squirrel in his room in his home. And he refers to the park that is closest to us as his park. The house I was born in was special to me too... I never really felt a connection with the house we moved into when I was 9 years old. Anyway, since the weather has been cooler we've been touring a little more of our neighborhood in our double trouble jogging stroller. The other day we stumbled upon this waterfall and I felt for a few minutes that I was hiking in the mountains. This little spot that we found was the site of the Lassiter Mill in the 40's and 50's. People used to come to this spot to vacation, or so the sign said. It's neat the 60 years later my little Lucas is exploring the grounds : )

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh barf! We have waterfalls here too!

Frances Katrin said...

I didn't start to feel at home here until last year either, our ninth year. Maybe that is the normal amount of time it takes for everyone.