Monday, September 21, 2009

The weather was cool and breezy. I like the beach better that way... it was nice.

After pizza and a jump in a local bounce house that was setup near the restaurant, we snuggled in for a good night of sleep before Jeff's race. Lucas was thrilled that they had Noggin on t.v. He was so focused that he didn't even notice that Sandy styled his hair like this...

Our plan was to get a room with two full beds and to have a cot on the floor. When we checked in they told us the cot was a fire hazard, so we had to figure out how to make it work with two full beds and 5 people. I ended up with both kids while Jeff and Sandy shared a bed. It was not the best night of sleep that I ever got. When we woke up both kids were horizontal and Ellen was cuddled around Lucas's head like his head was her bunny - so cute! She moved before I got that picture, but here is an idea. I had been kicked out of the bed a few minutes prior.

We stayed a mile away from the race site, which was awesome. Jeff rode his bike there at 6am and Sandy and I followed with the kids an hour later. Here we are on a bridge with the sun rising behind us.

No comments: