Monday, July 19, 2010

Ice Skating Party

Our friend Katrin had her 5th birthday party at an ice skating rink this weekend. What a great idea - it was near 100 degrees outside, but we were bundled up in our hats and gloves and playing on the ice inside. Neither Lucas or I had ever been ice skating. I don't have much coordination and never even got the hang of roller skating, so I was a bit terrified when I got there and I realized that I'd have to skate with him. I don't know why I didn't figure this out - I knew he was going to have an ice skating lesson, but thought I'd just be watching. I was really scared! But it turned out fine. I managed to not fall... I mean, I didn't really skate either, but all I cared about was not falling. Lucas learned to fall on his bottom, how to get up from his fall, and then how to stomp on the ice. He loved it and so did I! We will have to try that again soon...







No comments: